Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Believe!

If you have read my "Living the Laws of Success" e-book, you know that I have listed belief as one of the two essential ingredients for success!  (If you haven't read my e-book, you can download it here for free - or enter your information to the right of this post!).  Getting rid of doubts and fears in my life have helped me achieve some amazing goals!

However, if you are like me then you may have a few elusive goals.  I can get close to them, but I can't quite achieve them.  For example, I lost 35 lb, but those last 15 lb are eluding me!  And running that 5k in less than 30 minutes -- I'm not even close to that one!  It's almost time to set those New Year's resolutions and I am asking myself if I really believe I can accomplish any of these elusive goals!  Will 2012 be the magical year?!?

When the student is ready, the teacher appears...  I was really wanting to know how to increase my belief so I could accomplish these goals in 2012.  The teacher appeared in the form of a blog I read by Ty Bennett (by the way, you can read that whole blog post here).  He breaks up the word "belief" into "be" which comes from being, which is a state of existence. The second word "lief" comes from the Indo-European word "leubh" which means to care, desire, love.

When you put those two words together, it means to be in love with!  Being honest with myself, I hoped I could achieve those goals but I wasn't in love with the idea (or the process) of achieving them!  It seemed like a lot of work to get there and stay there, and it was bringing up a lot of negative thoughts and programming for me.

I had a huge paradigm shift after reading Ty's article.  I am now falling in love with my new fit life!  When I look in the mirror, I'm not seeing all that is wrong with me... I am consciously looking at all the things that are great!  And I am picturing myself at my goal weight and in great shape -- and I'm smiling while I picture this (looking in the mirror AND smiling at the same time - I highly recommend it -- try it)!

I have created gratitude statements (the other essential ingredient to success) to support the new me!  I'm grateful for the new me, and I'm in love with the new me!  I'm falling in love with exercising, healthy eating, and the new fit, energetic me!  I am no longer dreading my New Year's resolutions -- instead I am creating my best year ever!!!

2 comments:

Noel said...

Enjoy the new look. I loved the information. Appreciation for the fantastic post.

Levitra said...

Aloha there! I quite agree with your thoughts. I’ve just shared it on Facebook.

Post a Comment